Allah, all praises and glory be to Him, has praised believing Muslim women who are patient and humble, and who guard their intimacy. When He, all praises and glory be to Him, mentions the quality of righteous men He says:
“And thus does thy Sustainer answer their prayer: I shall not lose sight of the labour of any of you who labours [in My Way], be it man or woman; each of you is an issue of the other.” (Surah Al-Imran:195)
Here are some reminders for the Muslim woman in Ramadan:
1. The Muslim woman believes in Allah and His Messenger, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and manifests this her speech and deeds. She fears the consequences of her actions and is very careful not to provoke the anger of Allah.
2. The Muslim woman performs her ablutions and five daily prayers with humility and at their earliest times. The effects of performing the prayer displays itself in her personality and prevents her from any indecency or wrong-doing.
3. The Muslim woman is honoured to maintain her covering, and thanks Allah for purifying and protecting her with it.
4. The Muslim woman is obedient to her husband. She is tender and merciful towards him and invites him to all that is good. She does not raise her voice to him or speak to him harshly. The Prophet, pace and blessings of Allah be upon him, advised:
“If a woman prays her five daily prayers, fasts her month (of Ramadan), obeys her husband and guards her chastity, then it will be said to her: ‘Enter Paradise by whichever of its gates you wish.’” (Recorded in Ahmad)
5. The Muslim woman raises her children in obedience to Allah. She teaches them to love Allah and His Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. She is careful to guard them against negative influences or bad behaviour. Allah commands us:
“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.” (Surah At-Tahrim:6)
6. The Muslim woman does not allow herself to be alone in any situation with a strange man. The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, advised:
“A woman does not find herself alone with a (marriageable) man except that Satan is the third party of their company” (Recorded in Ahmad)
7. The Muslim woman does not imitate men in things that are specific to him such as dress or appearance. It is related in Al-Bukhari that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and give him peace, cursed those men who imitate women and those women who imitate men.
8 The Muslim woman calls to Allah amongst women with good words. She visits her neighbours and contacts others by telephone etc. She practices what she preaches and tries earnestly to save herself and others from the punishment of Allah.
9. The Muslim woman protects her heart from doubtful matters, and her eyes from unlawful things. She protects her ears from music and indecency, and her limbs from wrong-doing.
10. The Muslim woman does not waste her time. She is careful who she associates with and does not allow herself to become a backbiter or slanderer. Allah advises us:
“And leave alone those take their religion as play and amusement, and whom the life of this world has deceived. But remind (them) with it (the Qur’an) lest a person be given up to destruction” (Surah Al-Anam:70)
O Allah! Guide the women of Islam to that which you love and are pleased with and beautify their hearts with faith. Ameen.