Allah, all praises and glory be to Him, says in the Qur’an:
“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better.” (Surah An-Nahl:125)
Indeed this was the call of all of the Prophets – ‘Worship Allah alone and have no other god but Him’. They called their people seeking no other reward but from Allah. Allah says:
“And who is better in speech than he who (says: ‘My Lord is Allah’) and then stands firm and invites (men) to Allah’s (Islamic monotheism) and does righteous deeds, and says: “I am one of the Muslims.” (Surah Al-Fussilat:33)
There are five premises to the Islamic Call:
1. Sincerity and truthfulness
2. Practicing what one preaches
3. Gentleness in presenting the message
4. Adopt a gradual approach to propagation.
5. Address people in a way that is suited to their needs.
There are five types of propagation of the Islamic Call:
1. Individual to individual.
2. Public propagation in lectures etc.
3. Private lessons to students.
4. Propagation through writing.
5. Propagation through other modern means of communication.
The are five results of the Islamic Call:
1. To attain the position of the inheritors of the Prophets since they were the first callers.
2. To obtain prayers for your forgiveness.
3. To gain the rewards equivalent to those who are invited.
4. Development of the caller.
5. Becoming a leader amongst the people.
The sentiments of the Islamic caller are awakened in Ramadan. They use their tongues and their pens in calling to the way of Allah, seeking His reward only. Are there any that will call to the way of their Lord with wisdom and good preaching?